Hollywood's movie makers have been usually trying to Malta after they want a ravishing, tranquil or exotic location to film their newest movie. Over the years, several movies and tv shows have already been filmed in Malta, a small island in the Mediterranean.
Filming in Malta began within the 1970s. One of the earliest movies filmed in Malta is "Orca: Killer Whale." The 1977 movie starred Richard Harris as Captain Nolan and Charlotte Rampling as Rachel Bedford. The movie brought consideration to the plight of the killer whale and introduced film viewers to the gorgeous Mediterranean Sea and parts of Malta.
In 1980, Sweethaven Village was created on Malta. The Robin Williams movie was filmed in Malta, and the Sweethaven Village still stands right this moment. Although it's not getting used to movie films, it nonetheless serves the island effectively as a tourist attraction. The village is open to tourists seven days per week and gives a wide range of family actions.
A Previous Engagement
The latest movie to be filmed totally on the island was "A Previous Engagement" starring Juliet Stevenson and Daniel Stern. The Canadian-Maltese co-production was released within the U.S. in Could last yr. At the side of the film's opening, a competition was organized with the winner receiving an all expenses paid vacation in Malta, with accommodation on the Xara Palace in Mdina the place the film was filmed.
Other movies which were filmed in Malta include:
* "Midnight Express." Some scenes were filmed at Fort St. Elmo in 1978.
* "Elevate the Titanic" in 1980.
* "Cutthroat Island." The favored Geena Davis and Matthew Modine film was shot primarily close to Vittoriosa. Some scenes were filmed in Mdina, Fort St. Elmo and the Dingli Cliffs. Water tanks have been supplied by the Mediterranean Movie Studios.
* "White Squall." The violent storm experienced on this film was filmed at the Mediterranean Movie Studios in 1996.
* "U-571." The star-studded solid included Matthew McConnaughey, Jon Bon Jovi, Harvey Kitel and Invoice Paxton. The tanks used within the film are the property of the Mediterranean Film Studios. One night time-time scene was filmed in the city of Valletta at the Grand Harbor in 2000.
* "The Rely of Monte Cristo." In 2002, Valletta and Vittoriosa have been temporarily transformed into Marseille for the filming of this film. The lovemaking scene was filmed on the rocks near Fort St. Elmo. St Mary's Tower on Comino served as the Chateau d'If.
* "Pinocchio." The 2002 production of Pinocchio included scenes filmed in the Mediterranean Film Studios.
* "Swept Away." The 2002 creation of Madonna and Man Ritchie was filmed on each Comino and Malta. Madonna's snorkeling scene was filmed on the Blue Lagoon on Comino.
* "Helen of Troy." The 2003 mini sequence was filmed at Fort Ricasoli and on Comino on the Blue Lagoon.
* "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen." This 2003 hit starred Sean Connery and was filmed on Gozo at Xlendi. The submarine scenes were filmed on the Mediterranean Movie Studios.
* "Troy." The 2004 blockbuster hit starring Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom was filmed at Fort Ricasoli. Components have been filmed in Mellieha and on Comino Island. The movie's producers used Malta's pure beauty and ruins to boost the authenticity of the movie.
* "A Completely different Loyalty." Starring Sharon Stone, this movie was filmed in 2004 at Fort St. Elmo, which provides a visual illustration of town of Beirut. Parts of the film have been filmed on the Golden Sands Seashore.
* "Alexander." In 2004, Valletta's Grand Harbor doubled for the ancient port city of Alexandria. The movie starred Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell.
* "Gladiator." The Russell Crowe film was shot at a replica constructed at Fort Ricasoli with an evening time scene being filmed just exterior Vittoriosa at Couvre Port.
Seven islands about 93 miles south of Sicily comprise Malta. The islands has a very good yr round local weather and relaxing ambiance, comparable to the climate in Milan
One of many main sources of revenue fo